Cassie's Carrot Cake
Butter, to grease pans
450g plain flour
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 large free-range eggs
5 grated carrots, medium
For Cream Cheese Icing:
450g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
250g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190°C or Gas Mark 5 - Lightly grease a cake pans.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, and salt. Using a hand mixer, add in the oil and then beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in carrots until well mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan.
- To make icing, in a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter. Add in vanilla extract and gradually mix in icing sugar. Mix until creamy and spreadable.
- Once cooled, add cream cheese icing and garnish with shredded carrots.