Tracy's Twice Baked Jacket Potatoes
4-6 large jacket potatoes
8 Tbsp butter, divided
1 package of streaky bacon, diced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
140ml of milk
1 free range egg
1/2 tsp salt
pepper to taste
250g cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 190°C or Gas Mark 5.
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; rub each with 1 tsp butter. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour until tender.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove and drain. In skillet, reserve 1 Tbsp of drippings. In drippings, saute onion until tender. Set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash pulp with remaining butter. Stir in mik, egg, salt, and pepper. Then add cheese, bacon, and onion.
- Spoon into the potato shells. Place on the baking sheets and bake at 180°C or Gas Mark 5 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Tip:Create a mini topping selection for your guests - more cheese, soured cream, diced tomatoes, fresh chives, sweet peppers, jalapenos - be creative!